Before!!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

You can quote me on this

In the quiet time before my gorgeous grandson Mason wakes up, I'm reading that book I told you about that my daughter in law saved for me. 'Finally Thin!' by Kim Bensen. I like it so far. This morning I read something I'm going to try to remember, to use.

In her book, Kim tells of seeing a report her son wrote on Edison. Her son quoted Edison, and I loved it. I think it pertains to our weight loss journey. Here's what the old light bulb master had to say.

"I have not failed. I have found ten thousand ways that did not work!"

Awesome. How many of us have tried and tried to lose weight and keep saying we failed? I know I'm raising my hand here. Every time I give in to temptation, I say 'I failed'. I'm kidding, but I'm saying it. Say something long enough and you'll believe it. From now on I'm going to say 'oops, found another way that didn't work'. Make it positive. I believe that positive builds us up more than negative.

You all know I've taken a short hiatus from my weight loss journey. Now you know it's still very much in my mind and my heart. I'm not giving up at all. I will make it work as soon as I figure out what I want and how I can get it. To quote someone else (wow I'm full of them today eh???):

"Not all those who wander are lost".

Wow...I thought that was deep. A friend of my son that I have on my Facebook page used that as her status this morning. Awesome. That's me. I'm not lost, I'm just wandering a bit. I know at least where I don't want to be...so I'm not completely lost.

I had to look it up to see who said it. You know, give credit where credit is due and all that crap. I really thought I was going to find it was by my main man the Bard. Sighhhh c'mon, you know who I'm talking about? Willie boy? Shakespeare for goodness sakes people! I love that man! Nope, was the little gnome writing about dude Tolkien. I found the whole entire quote and I like another part of it. Here's the whole doggone thing!

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crown less again shall be king."

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost".

We keep at this, we get stronger, when we're faced with temptation, we can succeed. We practice, lay down the roots we need, and we can withstand more.

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be the blade that was broken,"

Just face a craving, an urge to eat once and beat it. How does that make you feel? Yep, a fire shall be woken all right! Do it twice...build on it....oh ya I feel light springing already!

We can all do this. We just have to find our own way. We have to find our way to stick with things. It's a lot mental that's for sure. Our minds tell us one thing when our bodies need another. We just need to outwit them! Our own personal Survivor. "Outwit, outlast, out play'.

Survivors are you ready?

:-)

2 comments: