I guess it's time to start doing something.
I've been trying to figure out a way to get back into the groove. As I'm a list maker, I, of course, made a list.
Reasons why I don't want to get back on plan.
1. I don't wanna.
2. I don't want to have to plan what I'm going to eat and when I'm going to eat it.
3. I want to pop over to friends house and have wine if I want, or a cookie if I want.
4. I don't wanna.
5. I want to fix a lot more of the recipes in the new books I got.
6. I'm sure there's more reasons.
Reasons why I need to get back on plan.
1. My pants are tight. Yes, my fat pants.
2. My shirts don't fit nice.
3. I feel fat.
4. My face feels fat and I don't want wrinkles when it thins out so I can't let it get fatter.
What can I do to get back in the groove?
Here's the skinny boys and girls. I promise. Yep, I promise. Now, it may be one thing for you to promise you'll do something but never do it. Not moi. If I EVER say 'I promise'. I mean it, and it will be done.
First of all realize that I'm wayyyyyyyyy off track. Water? Only what's in my coffee. Exercise? From my chair to the fridge. Veggies? Only if ketchup counts. Fruit? There's a picture of a lemon on my Sprite Zero can.
So, without further ado. For the next 2 weeks I promise the following.
1. Exercise 20 minutes a day. Yes, even on the cruise.
2. Eat 2 veg every day. No, I won't get creative and count a potato chip as a veg!
3. Eat 1 fruit every single day.
There....in my mind this might get me back to more healthy behaviors. If I'm out there hoofing it for 20 minutes, I'm thinking I'll make healthier choices in food.
If I'm eating 2 veg a day, that's stomach space filled where a cookie, cake, or chips might have gone.
If I eat a fruit a day....see eating 2 veg a day.
I'm hoping that it'll be a snowball effect. If I eat 2 veg, I might challenge myself to eat 3. If I walk 20 minutes, I might say ohhhh 30 might feel better. I'm going to ease back into it with baby steps and expect the avalanche!
Let it snow baby, let it snow!
A wink and a smile
5 years ago