Before!!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Comin or goin?

Not too freakin sure!

Here's the skinny. Had a good WI on Wed...think I lost a pound and some change.

Now, the crux. Always a freaking crux eh???

I'm traveling this week. Seven out of seven days actually. I'm excited. This is my first chance to try my 'I'm going to learn to eat like a normal person' life out for real.

So, today I had to pack, run errands, get ready for the first 3 of the 7. How'd that work for me? Well, right now I'm sitting in a Hampton Inn longingly eyeing the pillow top mattress with down pillows and down duvet. Oh? You wanted to hear how the food went?

I made TJ's baked oatmeal for this trip. I fixed a pasta salad chock full of veggies with Ronzoni's new garden pasta...each serving has a whole serving of veg too. Oh ya. I also packed a cooler with yogurt, bananas, fat free half and half, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers. There are whole wheat english muffins and bagel thins. Some ham and some laughing cow wedges. Must be more shit in there as it's full.

I've done that before. Fixed all kinds of good stuff then ate out. I'm not doing that this time. We did plan to have dinner on the road. I chose Subway. I got a foot long black forest ham. It was the best sub I've ever had. They have spinach now...was yummy. I am not a fan of Subway, too much bread...overshadows the meat etc. Was watching Biggest Loser and the kid had them hollow out his roll. Can't believe I never thought of that before! My stuff fit right inside the hollow and it was easy to eat while I was driving. I could actually taste the filling. Yummy indeed. Pickles, yellow mustard, tomato, onions rounded out the ham and spinach. I ate half in the car and just finished the other half. I also had a yogurt. So, the end of today, balls to the wall busy, travel several hours....and I still have 5 points left.

Day number 1...score? Debby 1 Food Fest 0

Bring on day nubmer 2. I'm ready.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. I do that ALL THE TIME - bring along my healthy food, and in the cooler it sits. So, hell yeah for you.

    And oh my Lord, of COURSE we could ask them to hollow out the roll! I never thought of that! Now I really want subway . . . drool . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never go any where...my stuff rots in the fridge. Sometimes....

    I think you would be a hoot to travel with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hell ya, Girl!! I just got back from a trip to DC myself and I think I probably put on at least one if not 2 lbs. It could have been so much worse if I hadn't been somewhat prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing awesome!! Vacation is the WORST when it comes to trying to eat right - you want to eat new/different things and of course eating is just fun! ha! ... But your kickin' ass so far - keep it up :) Can't wait to hear about the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete