Before!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

To coin a phrase

Personal demons.

I stole that from Jack Sh*t's blog. He was blogging about this guy. It was this guy that used the phrase 'personal demons'. Whew, with me on all that?

OK, here's the scoop. Do you know what your personal demons are? I've often thought of it. I have no idea.

You can't get as fat as I did and not have some kind of emotional or psychological problem. Something is out of whack up there.

I'm not going to boil your bunny or anything, but I'd sure like to know what I'm fighting here. What's off kilter?

I have no freaking idea.

What makes me not take control of my weight/health on a permanent basis?

What makes me want immediate gratification?

What makes me put off until tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after?

What allowed me to lose 170 pounds, and then gain back 60 of it?

I don't know.

I don't suffer from any lack of self confidence. I was never abused as a child. My parents were loving. I had good friends growing up and still do to this day. I did OK in school. I went to college. So, all of the 'usual' demons don't seem to apply to me. I don't know what grisly beast has his talons in me, but I am ready to shed him once and for all.

I had a realization just now though. Perhaps I don't have to know what the problem is. Maybe I'll never know. Maybe I'll just get on with life.

Ya, I like that. I'm going to get on with life. Care to join me?

Peace be the journey

:-)

2 comments:

  1. I think some of us spend so much time thinking and analyzing struggles in our lives, that we cannot move out of that phase into the "I've just got to do it."

    You know what to do and have proven success. Many people never get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, I was about to blog about similar stuff. Well, you'll see. lol. You are pure awesomeness. I just wanted to let you know that. :)

    ReplyDelete