Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's like buttah

Eight sticks of the fatty stuff if the truth be told. Oh, yes, the truth is being told. I lost 2 pounds this week. I was pleased. To me, it was 2 pounds of 'real' fat. It's too far in to be water weight. It was pure unadulterated fat! Oh wow does that make me feel good!

I'm sure some of you reading this are thinking 2 pounds? All that work she did? 'Just' 2 pounds? Hell yes 'just' 2 pounds. I was thrilled. Last week I busted my batootie and 'only' lost 1.4 I 2 pounds was a lot more. If I could lose 2 pounds every week, I'd be at my goal in less than a year. Holy moly what a feat that would be!

The challenge is giving me a few fits. Not eating in my recliner has been mostly fabulous. It's tough for my night time snack as we don't have a table in the house. I know you're not supposed to eat in front of the TV, but I love the Biggest Loser. If I wait until after it's over for my snack, it's 10PM. So, tonight I had my hot coco and WW cookie on the floor! Hey, I wasn't in my recliner!

Gee, my other challenge was to not eat after 9PM. I really think that's not going to work for me on certain days. I'm not sure what's worse, eating after 9pm or not getting my points in. You see, if I don't eat after 9PM tonight, I'll not get all my points in again. Some days things just get catty wampus. WW day is one of them. I get up and out the door at 8AM. I of course don't eat before that and I take my coffee with me until after WI. So, I get home at 10:30 and am hungry so I eat my breakfast. Now I'm too full to exercise right away. I learned today that it's a no no to exercise after eating oatmeal! It lay in my stomach like a lead brick while I was on the treadmill. Every step was hard. I was hoping I was done and only 20 minutes had gone by. I thought I was going to die before I hit 60 minutes! I could only manage 10 on the elliptical also. That is not acceptable to me. I got back from the gym around 2 or 3 and then had to do something for our local paper. I was going to eat the rest of my oatmeal from breakfast then, but I was still stuffed. Doing the stuff for the weekly paper takes me about 2 hours. All of a sudden it was after 6pm and I wasn't hungry yet! I had dinner at 7PM. This sure is a learning process! Not sure what I'm going to do about that 9pm thing yet. Not sure how important it is in the long run. I'll do more research and then make my decision.

So, it seems the kicked up exercising is helping. I shall keep up with that this next week for sure.

I hope I live through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment