Before!!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pizza pizzaz!

OK guys, here's the pizza pics I promised along with my whole grain crust recipe. I loved it. I'm having it for dinner again tonight along with a sausage kale stoup I'm trying for the first time. Tonight, I'm having just a plain cheese pizza which is my all time favorite. I've been adding veg to it because I need veg. Tonight, the veg will be in the stoup and I plan to savor every single bite of my yummy cheese pizza! Oh ya!!!

Recipe:

WHOLE GRAIN PIZZA DOUGH

4 servings (use 1/2 a serving for a personal size pizza thin crust, whole if you like it thick) Cooking times are for thin crust, adjust as necessary.

6 Weight Watcher points for a whole serving, 3 for a half serving.

1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1-1/4 cups oatmeal
1 package yeast
1 cup skim milk
2T honey
1t salt
4t olive oil (1T is plenty, I use 4 so each serving has a full serving of healthy oil in it. The points don't change using 1T or 4t)

Heat skim milk, honey, olive oil, and salt in small pan. Remove from heat to cool.

In food processor, grind the oatmeal into flour. Add the whole wheat flour to the food processor and pulse to mix.

Check temp of milk as if it's too hot, it'll cook the yeast. When it's between 98-103 degrees, add the yeast to the milk mixture. Stir to mix and let sit for about 5 minutes to activate.

Add milk to running food processor in a stream. Continue to mix until a sticky, clumpy dough has formed. You want it to knead the dough.

Spray mixing bowl with cooking spray and then turn dough into bowl. Cover with a towel and let raise for an hour or so.

Turn dough out onto a floured surface or a sprayed one and divide into 4 equal balls. I weighed the whole dough ball and divided by 4 and made sure each ball weighed the same. I sprayed the inside of a Ziploc bag and placed dough balls in that for storage in the fridge. I haven't tried freezing it yet, but I will.

I rolled out the dough on a well sprayed pizza pan and baked it for 4 minutes at 400 degrees. Took it out and loosened it with a thin, metal spatula and flipped it over and baked it for 2 more minutes. I then took it out and topped it with stuff and baked it for another 6 minutes until the cheese was all melty and yummy.

This is the pizza I made for lunch before work yesterday.




This is the spinach, 1 cup, before I slivered it and steamed it.



Here it is steaming in water.


Here's the dough all pressed out thin like I like it. This is 1/2 serving of dough, so 3 points. That piglet cup holds all my measuring spoons. Thank you Ian, love my cup!


I buy roasted red peppers at Sam's Club and use a ton of them. I'm using 2 full ones on my pizza today.


Here's the spinach after it's steamed down. Remember, I don't like veg, so I do what I can to get it in but not really notice I'm eating it!


Here's my roasted red peppers all diced up and ready to go. You can see what that huge pile of spinach cooked down to here!

I made up a batch of black beans a while back and this is one serving of that heating in the pan.



I used 1/4 cup of Hunt's canned spaghetti sauce for 0 points.


Here's the spinach going on.


Now the black beans. I wanted it to be filling!

Now the cheese. This is 1/4 cup of 2% shredded cheese and 1/4 cup fat free cheese.



On goes the roasted red peppers.

Here's the finished product!


I cut it into 4 and this is on a big dinner plate if you want scale.




It was yummy and filling! I like it. So, final tally. Crust, 3 points. Sauce 0. Cheese 3. Red peppers, spinach, 0. Beans, 1. 7 points, the same as a little measly WW pizza but way more filling and a lot bigger! You could easily cut down the cheese. I messed up and thought I was making a whole batch of dough and not the 1/2 batch so measured out the cheese for that. I like it cheesy though so left it! You'd also probably not use the beans...so you could have a 4-5 point pizza if you wanted and just load it up with veggies. I would have put ham on this but didn't have any. Fat free polish sausage would be good too I think. Ohhhh the possibilities are endless!!!

:-)



5 comments:

  1. YUM! I love topping my pizzas with thin red onion and lots of mushrooms! I also made one not too long ago with spicy chicken sausage, bell peppers and onions. oh and then....yep see the possibilities are endless! Thanks for passin on the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Once I get some fancy kitchen ware I'll have to try this shit out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!! Way to add the veggies! If you throw the spinach on there whole it will shrink up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG gaaa those look amazingg!! >< *DROOL*

    ReplyDelete