Before!!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday thoughts

Yes, I am a nerd. I love words. What can I say? I love when I'm talking to someone and they throw out a word I never heard. I love how it rolls off their tongue. I add it to my memory bank (full of holes these days!)for future reference. Sometimes I steal them and use them. You've noticed I'm sure that I stole 'asshat' from a fellow blogger. I just love it. It fits. It works. When I first read Carlos' blog (Oh man I miss him so much!!!), he used the word 'girthitude'. I never heave my fat about in exercise without thinking of that. I just love words. I get a word of the day email in fact. I have a folder labeled 'words' where I put the ones I like. I look at them every so often. I can't usually remember them to use them, but I do like looking at them. So, this came today.

Word of the Day for Saturday, August 7, 2010
mojo \MOH-joh\, noun:

1. Personal magnetism; charm.
2. The art or practice of casting magic spells; magic; voodoo.
3. An object, as an amulet or charm, that is believed to carry a magic spell.
4. Good luck or favor concerning an event or individual.

How many times have we been on a roll with our diet/exercise program and said 'I got my mojo workin'? Or, the all to common, and more often it seems, 'I lost my mojo'?

I know that sometimes, I'd like to know how to cast magic spells. I'd love to do some magic and be at goal weight. Maybe I need a charm?

Well, damn it, I'm not Samantha Stevens, much to my chagrin, and I can't nose twitch my fat away.

So, I have to gather up what I know works, and avoid what I know doesn't. I read blogs, get ideas, know other people are fighting the fight with me. Plod on. Avoid the asshats that try to derail me. Try to pare down my girthitude.

Today I'm going to be a sponge. Soak up all the good ideas and let the bad ones leak out.

Today I'm going to rock my mojo.

Peace be the journey

:-)

2 comments:

  1. ME misses Carlos too :(

    Glad you got your MOJO goin, mine is on FIRE! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all miss Carlos and hope he is doing ok. And Deb, don't you dare let those naysayers and stinkin' thinkers derail you. Who cares what they think anyway?

    ReplyDelete