Before!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Takin a freakin break

Holy crap! You've all heard 'the hurrier I go, the behinder I get'. Well, welcome to my world right now.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm on top of the freakin clouds.

This has nothing to do with Weight Watchers at all. No diet, no exercise. Just what's going on in my life right now.

My niece called and said she was going to her Dad's this week and wanted to come over and visit. I said fabby. She said she had air mattresses. I said ummmmm we don't have any furniture! lol Finally told her I'd come over there to visit if TBM and I had a day off together. Would call as soon as we got our schedule and make a plan. I was excited to see my brother and all my nieces and nephews etc.

We got our schedule for this week Sunday at 1:35AM. I got out of bed at 1:44AM to check email for it. We asked to be scheduled light this week as it was our last week. So, looked at my schedule first. Friday and Saturday. Not too bad. Then looked at TBM's schedule. He only had 3 days...excellent. Except his days were Wed, Thur, and Fri. Shit. Couldn't he have scheduled us on the same days? Last week ya know??? I couldn't sleep the whole rest of the night thinking that I didn't want to work on Saturday as that would be the only day we could go see my bro. Really. The whole fuckin night. Tossed and turned and kept wishing I didn't have to work and worried about what I'd do about it.

So, got up early Sunday and hit the road for our visit with our kids. We'd requested Sunday and Monday off a long time ago for this trip. Was awesome. Lots of grand baby snuggling etc. Nothing I could do about next Saturday until Monday anyway so let's enjoy.

Got back to town on Monday and went right to work to see who had a day off that maybe might take my hours. Girl doing prep that day didn't work Saturday and said she'd work my shift for me! HOLY SHIT!!! It was like the weight of the world was lifted. I know, stupid, but it really was.

Got so much to do this week. Packing etc. This is the final count down people. We want to have everything done by Friday night for the move. Everything. So we can play the last few days. We've worked hard all summer. We deserve it. Man oh man is it a lot to finish up this week. I'm on a roll today though, and I now have confidence it will be done.

Saturday morning will find everything packed that can be packed.

Everything cleaned that needs to be cleaned.

Addresses will be changed, arrangements made. I's dotted and T's crossed.

I'll spend Saturday with my brother and his family.

Sunday we're going to the city to see my oldest son and his family. My grandson just had surgery yesterday and he needs one final dose of Grammy kisses. He's 2. It helps.

Monday we're hooking up the rig and going camping for 2 days. Wine country.

Wednesday we're coming back here, doing all the final packing/cleaning, and having dinner with friends.

Thursday morning we're picking up the U-Haul, packing it up, hitching up the rig and hitting the road. TBM is driving the U-Haul, I'm hauling the rig and we'll be on our way to our new home.

The stress takes my breath away a lot.

The excitement is bringing tears to my eyes a lot.

I'm an emotional mess.

I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!

Today TBM is at work and I've been busting my hump. He's going to be so amazed when he gets home. He's never going to believe all I accomplished. There will be a fabby dinner waiting for him too.

I'm a ball of fire!!!!

Peace be the journey

:-)

3 comments:

  1. Goooooo DEBBY! Woohoo! I am raising my pom-poms to you!

    xx
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crapballs woman you are ON FIRE.

    And you know it.

    Good for you, hotass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoohooooo! You are one bizzzzyyy little bee! :) Sounds like lots of fun mixed in with all of that hard work! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete