Before!!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

If it ain't broke

don't fix it!

Yesterday's plan worked to a T! Hey, I've got an idea. Let's do it again!

I even moved the big bag of butter a bit yesterday (how's that for early morning alliteration??)and did 12 laps in the pool. Hey, it's a start!

My dinner was kick ass. I should have taken a picture. I thought of it, but it looked so damn good I just wanted to eat it!

Golden brown roasted whole chicken
baked butternut squash
sliced thin yukon gold potatoes tossed with garlic, thyme, and olive oil and roasted on a stone
cabbage, carrot, apple Weight Watcher recipe cole slaw

My plate looked like a pretty little rainbow. Tasted awesome. Filled me up for hours. That's what I'm talkin about!

The slaw was gorgeous. Two points for a scant cup. I'll try it again with Miracle Whip light as that should cut the points down more. I'll post the recipe here. It is a WW recipe so I might go to jail, but it was really good.

Apple-Carrot Slaw
1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
2T apple cider vinegar
2T sugar (I used Splenda)
1/2 medium head red cabbage shredded (I used one whole tiny head)
2C shredded carrots
2 medium Granny Smith apples diced small
1/3 cup golden raisins (I used 1/2 cup dried cherries cut smaller as I love them!)

Mix the wet stuff and toss it over the not so wet stuff.

Says to serve it within 2 hours. Of course that made 8 servings and we ate 2...so we'll see how it is today. Man it was really good!

My plan for today?
Same as yesterday. Stay OP, move the bod, get my 9HG's in.

Could I be on a roll????

:-)

3 comments:

  1. Good job Debby!

    Cole Slaw tip- if it calls for 1/2 cup light mayo, try 1/4 cup light mayo & 1/4 cup fat free sour cream. I have a WW cookbook that calls for that combo in a slaw. Tastes great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG DEBBY!!!! You are doing greeeat!! 12 laps at the pooL!? That's awesome! I really do think the self-promises work. If you don't get it done you feel like you've let yourself down for the day. Especailly when it's something small, something you KNOW you can do and should be able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. again and again and again just do it. so glad to hear, missus.

    keep it up! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete