Before!!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Corn dogs, beating your meat, pinwheels, & cuteness

What do they all have in common? Why, they're on my blog today of course!

I like real food. Fatty food. Bet that surprises some of you eh? NOT! If I can fiddle with a recipe and get fatty food results without actually consuming said fatty food, I'm a happy camper. I like corn dogs. A lot. So I thought hmmmm I make a ho cake that I love. I apologize to any ho's out there...it's not named after you, honest. I wondered if I could use that recipe and add hot dogs to it and get a corn dog. I didn't have hot dogs so I used fat free polish sausage. It wasn't half bad. Just gotta figure out how to get it on a stick now!




You all know I like to beat my meat. I've blogged about it often. Here is how I do it. I learned this from my awesome sister in law Louisa (the Kraut) in Alabama. Yes, Louisa of 'I gained 9 pounds in 5 days' fame. She makes schnitzel. I mean kick ass, to die for, mouth watering, schnitzel. She saves all her cereal bags and uses them to pound out the chicken. She makes rouladen that will make you cry, and beats her beef in the bags also. What a smart chick! I've saved all my cereal bags since. No muss, no fuss, no salmonella goo on the counter. Love it! I get a piece of meat that looks twice as big as it is, cooks fast, is tender and yummy. What's not to love about beating your meat??? Below you have 3 ounces of raw chicken in the bag ready to be pounded.



Ta da!!! Pounded out and ready to cook. You'll notice the anti salmonella goo stopper spray in the background of this picture. There might not be any visible goo on the counter, but I don't take chances when it comes to raw poultry.



This was something I had for lunch a while ago and it was freaking awesome. It's a whole wheat tortilla (1pt), smeared with 2 wedges of laughing cow light cheese (1.5 points), layered with roasted red peppers (0 points), 2 ounces of deli roast beef (2 points), and cucumber sticks (0 points). It was just fabulous and bursting with flavor. You could easily load it up with more veg....ya right, like that's going to happen at my house. Gag me. I cut it into cute little pinwheels because that's the way I roll.





This is my grandson Mason in my front yard. I just felt like including him cuz, well, it's my blog and I can!!

:-)

4 comments:

  1. i want that ho cake! and the green dragon toy but in my size plse

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol@ Carlos wanting that green dragon toy lol

    Ok so I made home made corn dogs when I fist started WW- I used that AS SEEN ON TV contraption GT EXpress 101 lol Anyway it worked GREAT! I need to do it again you totally reminded me!

    I like you pinwheel sandwich...Im gonna make that soon! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the green dragon toy in my size AND a scooter, please.
    The food looks great but it's so different from anything I know that I feel as though I'm in a foreign land - - hey, wait a moment - - I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. youre so creative with the corndogcake!!!

    (yeah thats what I wanna call it :))

    it wouldnt work to roll around a stick and dip in sugarfree syrup?

    ReplyDelete