Before!!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day one

Well, FINALLY, enough was enough.

I gained 3.2 at last night's meeting. I know you're smart people, so go ahead and add that to the 12 pounds I gained last week. Holy shit, can you even imagine gaining 12 pounds in a week? Just in case you suck at math, I'll tell you. I gained 15.2 pounds. Anything you can do I can do better! Laughing maniacally here.

I got my poop in a group last night and planned my food for today. I also planned that today, I'd prepare my food for tomorrow as I go back to work tomorrow.

That's right boys and girls, tomorrow I go back to work at Buccilli's. For those of you that don't know, it's our local Italian restaurant. It's good. It's real good. We have homemade meatballs, chocolate pudding, cheesecake, homemade meat sauce, pizza's to die for, chocolate pudding, Stromboli's, cheesecake, garlic bread drenched in butter, fried zucchini, cheesecake, chocolate pudding, blue cheese dressing by the tub, fried portabello mushrooms, cheesecake, blue cheese dressing by the tub, scrumptious meat raviolis, cheesecake, sandwiches that are heavenly (oh yes please bury me with the club sub with extra mayo surrounded by Ruffles potato chips and flanked by a crispy dill spear), and oh ya we have salad too.

I worked there last summer. They fed me. They fed me 26 pounds worth. I'm wearing a sign that says 'don't feed me' this year! I swear I am! I make the salads. Maybe I should eat them? It's going to be very difficult. I'll be taking my own food with me this year, but it's not going to be easy! I can do it though. I can do anything I set my mind to and I'm setting my mind to this.

So, after 3 weeks of frenzied eating and inactivity, today it ended.

I got my gelatinous ass out of bed before 7am, ate a yogurt with 1/8 cup of grapenuts and headed off to the gym. I hopped on the elliptical to warm up for 5 minutes and then I put myself through a very rigorous strength training session. I missed my trainer for sure....it's easier to do wall squats when someone is telling you "you're doing good, just keep holding it, 5 more seconds". Wall squats are the devil. I did them though. You'd think pressing your back against the wall and squatting would be easy. Try it for 60 seconds sometime. It's NOT easy! I alternated them with leg presses (#40), 3 sets of each. I then went to the biceps curls alternated with the chest presses (#8 weights only today)also 3 sets of 12 reps each. I then did butt leg lift thingies...can't remember what they're called but they kind of hurt like hell! Lay down on your back with your arms out straight next to a bench. Put one foot on the bench and the other foot straight up in the air and then lift your ass off the floor as high as you can. Repeat 20 times. Change feet and repeat 20 more times. Do 3 sets of these. Follow with 6 sets of ab machine crunches. For my treat when I finished that, I did my 35 minutes on the elliptical for my cardio. I rocked it today.

I made a 30 day promise to myself in January and that is what got me on my 4 month streak. I'm not ready for that again yet. For now, I vow to be OP for 7 days. I vow to exercise 6 days this week.

One week at a time for now.

3 comments:

  1. Stop mentioning the cheesecake, it's just cruel. But I'm really glad you've gone back to the exercise - - and actually, the best thing is that you keep telling us even when you fall off the wagon - - most people would just stop writing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO DEBBY GO! You made me giggle with "I got my poop in a group last night" LOL Too funny!

    Its gotta be hard to be around all of those yummy foods at work but yeah, eat the salad! You know you want to! lol

    3 days ago I used my new Wii game EA Active. I tried squats and lunges and I still cant walk very well...or sit to pee without crying out in pain! lol Im on 3 days of exercise and I plan on a full weeks worth! We can do it!!

    :)Im cheering for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy you around all of those foods (well, part of me does!) Well done on the exercise.

    ReplyDelete