Before!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Suck it up Buttercup

I'm good at telling others that...so thought I'd use it on myself tonight. I've poured a huge glass of wine and am contemplating.

The big weigh in was tonight. I do mean the BIG weigh in!

I gained 12 pounds. Yes, that's right, 12 pounds exactly. I weighed in last on April 27. So, that means in 16 days I managed to pack on 12 pounds of fat. Holy shit Batman that's impressive!

No, it's not water weight.

It's cheesecake (4 of them if you please!) , brownies (triple chunk), homemade bread with lots of real butter, guacamole & chips, cheesycrunchygreasy Mexican food (several times). It's big, fat, juicy burgers smothered in cheese and wrapped in bacon with lots of mayo. It's potato chips. A lot of them. It's pudding and chocolate milk. It's Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup and lots of bread sticks and wine. It's boneless almond chicken with fried rice and egg drop soup. It's broasted chicken and pancakes and biscuits and gravy. It's tons of egg salad on squishy white bread. It's Kogel's bologna on squishy white bread with lots of Hellman's mayo. It's Flint style coney's...lots of them. It's beef stroganoff and sinful homemade mac and cheese. It's a double batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. It's fried mushrooms (Hey a veg!!!), DQ blizzards, hot fudge sundaes, Spanish tapas, & orange chicken and fried rice and egg drop soup (Hey, I missed our Chinese restaurant here in MI while in FL!). It's fatty BBQ ribs and mashed potatoes with onions sauteed in butter and cream cheese and more butter in them. It was all that and more.

It was 16 days of NO exercise whatsoever.

It was 16 days of NO veg. NO milks. NO whole grains. NO fruits. NO healthy oils. NO water.

What am I contemplating?

After eating all that. How the hell did I ONLY gain 12 pounds???

The shopping is done.

The fridge is stuffed with apples, grapes, and bananas. There are cucumbers, baby lettuce mix, carrots, celery & onions. There's a chicken to roast and wild rice to cook. There are whole wheat sandwich thins, sugar free jam & natural peanut butter. There is skim milk and egg substitute. There's a butternut squash for making soup. There's a broccoflower, whatever the hell that is. There is Weight Watcher yogurt and high protein Special K cereal. There is Greek yogurt and organic red grape raisins. There's fat free cottage cheese and sugar free jell-o.

We join the gym tomorrow morning. The elliptical awaits me. I'm dreading the triceps dips and the bicep curls and the push ups and pull ups and whatever else I do. It's going to hurt like hell after 16 days off.

You play, you pay. Simple as that.

I'll be paying big time.

Damn it was fun while it lasted though!!!

9 comments:

  1. If only we could take it off as quickly as we put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man 12 pounds thats a tough pill to swallow. I like your attitude, the party is over now clean up the house. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain, Debby! I managed to gain almost 8 pounds in a 5 day trip to Disney World. FIVE DAYS! I went out in a blaze of glory. lmao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, for being accountable. I needed this post. My eating habits have been crazy too. I'm getting back on track today. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a month "off" and gained 10 pounds and yeah it sucked watching that weight that I had gained back some off...slower than I had put it on. I love your attitude, always have. You know what to do, and you WILL do it!
    :) tj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Hugs Miss Pixie.... you can do this

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is so unfair it takes seemingly forever to take it off, and on it goes in such a short period of time.

    I'm so glad that you have your gym membership lined up and your fridge stocked! Go, Debby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still impressed! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete