Before!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

End of Challenge #3

I was all set to blog about something different today. I then realized, today is the first day of my next challenge. That means, yesterday was the last day of my 3rd monthly challenge to myself! Wow! OK, this has to wait until tomorrow after all!!!

I can't stand it, I have to share this first! I changed my meeting from Tuesday morning, to Monday night. So, last night, I went in all geared up for a gain. We all know we weigh more at night than we do first thing in the morning. I was prepared. I've 'only' been losing a pound or less a week and I knew I weighed a minimum of 2 pounds more at night than in the morning. I might be an English major, but I can do the little math! I was resolved. I wasn't happy about having that + in my book, but hey ho, whatcha gonna do? I walked in, hopped on the scale and I swear to God when she wrote a 7 instead of an 8 as my last number, I got a tear in my eye! I lost 1.2 pounds!!! Holy shit I almost fell off the scale! I got another 5 pound star last night. Drum roll please...I hit my #170 pounds off! Yay me!!!!!

We decided to make Monday night our night out from now on. Den has Monday off. He weighs in here Monday morning and he still has a 'cheat' day. He made it Monday's now since we'll be going out to dinner. We'll go to WW, he'll read a book while I'm in my meeting. We'll do our weekly shopping and we'll have dinner. Lovely evening out for us oldies!

Den was sitting in an easy chair in the vestibule of my meeting place last night waiting for me. It was too hot for him to sit outside and technically it's around the corner so he's not really in the meeting room. I could see him, he could see me. He got to see her give me my star and listen to everything. That was cool.

We went to the Outback after the meeting. I had an amazing meal and I brought half of it home for today. They've got a new menu and we both tried one of the new things. Den had the fried mushrooms and ranch dressing to start. If you've ever had them, they're freaking awesome. I could eat the whole plate. I chose not to have any. I love that I could have them if I wanted on the Weight Watcher plan. I love that it was my choice not to. God I love being in control! He had roast pork tenderloin smothered in some kind of red, cranberry infused sinful sauce. He had garlic mashed potatoes that looked ooey and gooey and green beans. He also ate the whole loaf of crusty, hot, brown bread they bring! He lost 3.4 pounds this week by the way!

I had a combo of filet mignon and shrimp. Oh ya, one wasn't enough! It was to come with rice and mixed grilled veg. The steak, shrimp, veg, and rice all come lathered in butter. Oh it's good, but the 'I don't' want this, and I'll have that's' started right after I said 'I'll have this'! I ordered my steak medium and prepared without butter. I asked for my shrimp to be sans fat and the same for my veg. Skip the rice please as I fancy a baked sweet potato tonight. Make sure it's naked if you will. It was freaking awesome. The steak was tender, juicy, and very very tasty. Shrimp was moist and succulent. Sweet potato was exactly what I've been hungry for with a bit of Splenda on it. Veg...sucked as usual. Hate veg! I brought exactly half of everything home. OK, so I lied. I was celebrating, I ate the 2 mushrooms out of the veg mix and brought all the rest of those home! Hey, one night of no veg isn't going to kill me!!!! Hate the damn things! Oh oh oh I forgot! There were 2 huge chunks of grilled pineapple on the plate. I don't like pineapple. This was awesome!!! I ate one and cut the other one up into little chunks with the veg. They consisted of red peppers, red onions, zucchini, and I think green peppers. I thought that would make an awesome stir fry tonight added to some brown rice.

It was a lovely celebration meal for sure. I sure think I deserved it!

I wonder if doing the happy dance will earn me more AP's???

:-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Yay! Just reading about your evening brought a huge smile to my face. You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Debby! How fantastic! Doing the happy dance with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete