Before!!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lucky Day 13

Well today made 13 days in a row that I've been working on staying OP. It's my 13th day with a goal to exercise 5 days a week. It's my 13th day in a row to track what I eat.

I got up at 6am this morning as I was supposed to go to a dinner theater and the bus was leaving at 8:30am. I had a smallish breakfast as lunch was going to be huge. I had planned ahead for it. There was a ticket snafu and I couldn't go. It threw a monkey wrench in my day but I rolled with the punch. I came back home and re-planned my food. Then I took a long nap! Kind of slept through lunch so woke up starving to death. Oops, I had to re-plan....again! Had a very late lunch and felt tired again.

I went into the bedroom to get my exercise clothes on. The bed won! I climbed back in. You see it's very cold here today and my bed was lovely and soft and warm and just so inviting. There was nothing really that needed my attention other than exercise and that just didn't sound very good.

I play cards at 6pm most nights. Tonight was no different. I was laying there in bed and thought to myself that I needed to get up no later than 5pm if I wanted to exercise and then get cleaned up for cards. Well of course I didn't want to exercise!!!! I hope you're sitting down folks because I actually dragged my fat ass out of bed at 5:01PM and donned exercise clothes and went out to the lanai and did my WATP. Wow!!!! I did NOT want to do that for sure but I did.

I had a ton of points left and I knew it. While I was playing cards I was planning what I wanted for dinner. As I said it's cold here. I wanted tomato soup. It sounded so very good. I came home after cards (won second place if you please) and fixed my dinner. I had tomato soup, 2 ounces of colby cheese cubed up and 10 crackers. I ate it. I loved it. I was still hungry afterwards but it was worth it. It was now about 9:30 and I knew I could go to bed soon. That small dinner was 14.5 points, every single point I had left for the day. It really got me thinking. I've always loved that meal. I've also always had about triple the crackers with it and then something afterwards. It also got me thinking how very important it is for us to choose the filling foods over the not filling foods most times. It was OK for me today, but it's definitely something I can't do on a regular basis. Sure I could have had 1 ounce of cheese leaving me 3 points for something else. It's not what I wanted. I had what I wanted.

I'm off to bed now as I'm hungry and my points are gone.

Day 13 tally
Stay OP: check
Exercise: check
Track: check

Bring on day 14. I'm ready

No comments:

Post a Comment